Old Horse Slaughter Works, Lonesome, Mitcham

Buy a print

Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Work_​Industry_​5-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History As the name ‘Lonesome’ implies, this was one of the most isolated parts of Mitcham parish. The slaughterhouse was part of the Lonesome Farm site. This was a few cottages and the horse slaughterhouse. The slaughterhouse was at the end of what was Lock’s Lane. The site included a chemical works. The slaughterhouse may have existed from around the 1860’s, when the chemical works were built, until the 1890’s.

Related items

Comments

* Required field