James Pascall's & Co Ltd, Mitcham
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1950|
|Copyright 1||Pascall's photograph|
|Notes / History||Following a fire at their Blackfriars premises and an increase in demand Pascall’s purchased part of the Manor Farm Estate in 1888. It took nine years to build the new factory
‘Furzedown Works’. In 1959 the firm was purchased by the
Beecham Group who in turn sold it to Cadbury-Fry. The Mitcham factory closed in 1970 and the building was pulled down in 1972. By 1973 the site had become the Mitcham Industrial Estate. They employed 2000 people.
This photograph shows work on the production line.