Wimbledon County School for Girls: Miss Batho
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Miss Agnes Mary Batho was the first headmistress of the Wimbledon County School for Girls, from the school's beginnings in 1907, to 1919, when Miss Borthwick took over.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.