Harriott's Estate, West Barnes: 1865 map Version Two
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||Tenant of Moat Farm from 1884, William Harriott had purchased a substantial estate covering some 306 acres by 1894. He dedicated his life to framing in this area until just after the First World War. His home at West Barnes Farm can be seen on the map. Here he built a fine house known as
West Barnes House or the
Harriot’s Farm House alongside
West Barnes Lane.